Joomla Content Management System is an Open source platform maintained by Joomla community developers. Although it is not as popular as WordPress. It has handpicked features that will help you create your website. Joomla has thousands of free extensions available on the Joomla marketplace. Joomla extensions allowed users to customize their templates easily.
Joomla was released in 2005 and it has been regularly updated the latest version is 4.2 alpha 3 as of 16th June 2021. Joomla is multi-lingual with flexible and fully extensible UI. Like WordPress Joomla also has multiple user permission options.
Joomla Content Management System is most popularly used by:
- Corporate Offices
- Portals that use Intranets and Extranets.
- Community-based website.
- Government and NGO-based websites.
- Personal Blogs.
Joomla is more comfortably used by corporate offices like IT sectors, Industrial websites, Manufacturing Industries, HR consultancies, and many more.
Joomla has many features that make it an outstanding Content Management System like:
- Multilingual website creation.
- Joomla content management system has a one-click upgrade system.
- Joomla has quick support as the developer community is very active.
- It has easy integration with Google Adsense.
How To Install Joomla On Your Server Manually
- Get the VPS/cloud hosting server.
- Login into the server using SSH
- Install the required packages like MYSQL etc.
- Create an MYSQL Database & user.
- Download the latest Joomla Version.
- Upload the Joomla archive and extract it.
- Make sure the Joomla file is in the root folder.
- Run the Joomla setup
- Hooray!!! you have installed Joomla on your server.
How To Install Joomla On Your Server Using Auto-Installer
- Get the hosting like Godaddy, siteground, etc.
- Find the auto-installer.
- Locate Joomla CMS.
- Run the initial setup wizard.
- Hooray!!! you have installed Joomla on your hosting using the auto-installer.